Princess musical makes Tibet villagers’ message bands customwishes come true
A musical about a charming princess has granted the wishes of residents of Tsechogling village in Lhasa, the Tibet autonomous region, by creating numerous jobs and boosting tourism.
Princess Wen Cheng, a musical staged outdoors tells the story of Princess Wen Cheng, a Tang Dynasty (AD 618-907) princess of Han descent who married Tibetan King Songtsan Gampo and promoted economic, social and cultural exchanges between the ethnic Han and Tibetan peoples.
The show, first staged in August 2013 as a poverty alleviation project, has achieved huge popularity since then and become one of the top attractions alongside the iconic Potala Palace.
The majority of the performers consist of herders and farmers who used to grow potatoes and barley before the musical trained them in new skills and changed their way of life.
Phurbu Tashi, a 31-year-old former truck driver who joined the cast in 2013, told Tibet Daily that he has bought a new car and built a home thanks to the show.
"I"ve learned four different kinds of dance through the show and later I was hired by the local folk art group. I can earn 5,000 to 6,000 yuan ($790 to $950) every month, much more than I made as a truck driver," he said.
The show has already earned the village an income of nearly 50 million yuan during the early preparation stage by transport and infrastructure construction, according to Tibet Daily.
After the show was released, more jobs have been created, including security guards, cleaners, receptionists, administrative and other service roles besides the usual performing.
"Our village is now well-known for our affluence," Jampa, a villager, told Tibet Daily. "Our neighbouring villagers are joking that we are having a shower of wealth."
Zhang Yangfei contributed to this story.
- Global demand for intellectual property tools soarsorder magic bands, China driving growth: report
Personalized WristbandsMost effective thing shell ...
- Pain-free birth group braceletsto be promoted in China
Ideas For Marriage Anniversary GiftsI always try t...
- Acustom plastic wristbandswareness high, fulfillment still low in green behaviors survey
[TITLE]Silicone Wristbands And Its 5 W"s[/TITLE]Cu...
- Chinese, Russian ofwholesale rubber braceletsficials laud bilateral military ties
Adorable Beach Wedding Favors For Your GuestsThe custom keytags came up for effective to be able to ......
- Aviatoamerican flag tyvek wristbandsrs put on spectacular show
[TITLE]Oregon"s 2010 Classical And Country Music Festival Line Up[/TITLE]For you to become the amazi......
- Chok1 2 inch wristbandsed by traffic, Bangkok revs up to beat air pollution
Choosing Very Best Custom Rubber Bracelet In Which YouNow, buy pair of fingerless lace gloves. In al......
- Macao SAR passport holders have more travel facathletic silicone wristbandsilitation
Get Your Logo In Your Customer"s Office With Hand Phone Holder Stress BallsWhen working or volunteer......
- Nation"s top fighter jet to appear at commagic band chip manufacturering exhibition
[TITLE]20 Twilight Present Tips For $25 Or Much Less[/TITLE]Winter is in complete swing and there wo......